HKU Studentportal
HKU Studentportal
  • Volg ons op twitter
  • Volg ons op facebook

HKU has two student counsellors, Tirtsa Huiskamp and Anthonie Ross.

Tirtsa Huiskamp

Anthonie Ross

The student counsellor can aid and provide advice in case of a (potential) delay in your studies caused by illness or personal circumstance. For questions relating to your programme, please contact your tutor.

Why consult?

You can also choose to see one of the student counsellors should you:

  • Wish to apply for disability facilities in your study;
  • Need more information on the issues surrounding suspending your studies due to personal circumstances;
  • Need guidance with filing a complaint or with a dispute in your studies;
  • Wish to discuss financial issues and consequences surrounding a delay in your studies;
  • Wish to know more on Dutch study finance, or rules and regulations within HKU.


Furthermore, you can always talk to one of the student counselors for any personal or confidential matters that you wish to discuss.


If need be, the student counsellor help guide your way to several types of professional help in and around Utrecht.


Should you have any questions regarding your study programme, credits or study progress, please contact your tutor.

First report of circumstances

If you have any non-urgent personal circumstances that your wish to report to the student counsellors, please download and fill out the form below. You can then return it via e-mail as an attached document to:

Please mark the subject of your e-mail as ‘first report of circumstances’.

After having received your e-mail one of the student counsellors will contact you via e-mail or telephone. Would you rather prefer a personal talk at HKU with one of the student counsellors? Please skip the form and book an appointment straight away through the telephone number provided on this page.

first report of circumstances (RTF)

Your Health

It is vital to stay healthy and keep an eye out for your own mental and physical well-being. Should health conditions limit your study progress, please contact your doctor and inform the student counselors at HKU.


You can book an appointment with one of the student counsellors through the Service Desk Student Affairs.  The student advisors operating the phones can often assist and guide you with any frequently asked questions you may have.


The Service Desk Student Affairs can be reached as follows:

By telephone (+31)030-2091540

HKU, Nieuwekade 1, 
3511RV Utrecht


Student counsellors have a duty of confidentiality. This means that everything you tell them is dealt with confidentially. Contact is never made with third parties without your prior consent.