HKU Studentportal
HKU Studentportal
  • Volg ons op twitter
  • Volg ons op facebook

HKU has protocols for students with a disability or chronic illness. These are procedures which describe the steps you have to take as a student to ensure that you are offered suitable facilities.


The facilities outlined in these protocols are modifications, extra time, support or special facilities intended to facilitate the manner in which you study. Facilities offered clearly do not affect the content of the study.

How to proceed?

Make an appointment with a Student Counsellor. They will inform you of your possibilities and guide you through the procedures.

Your tutor will assist you throughout your studies.


To make an appointment with a Student Counsellor, contact the Service Desk Student Affairs. The student advisors operating the phones can often give you preliminary information and answer general questions. They will also make an appointment for you.


T 030-2091540

Visiting adress:

Nieuwekade 1

3511RV Utrecht


Unfortunately, not all HKU premises are readily accessible to wheelchair users. If you require information concerning a certain building or particular facility, please contact the student counsellors.


The term functional disability covers physical and mental disabilities, chronic illnesses, ADHD, dyslexia, etc.

You can find more information on the Equal Treatment of Disabled and Chronically Ill People Act and more via