HKU Studentportal
HKU Studentportal
  • Volg ons op twitter
  • Volg ons op facebook

There are various kinds of grants and scholarships international students can apply for. Often these are targeted for specific purposes or projects.

Private funds

Nuffic offers an on-line search engine for foreign students studying in the Netherlands and looking for financial aid: can help you find and compare scholarships in Europe. Another scholarship database is

Funds for a study abroad

Bachelor students who go abroad for an exchange, project or internship during their study at HKU can apply for funding from the Erasmus programme, Jan van Scorelfund or Holland Scholarship for their study period abroad.

There are limited possiblilities for international students to apply for a scholarship for the continuation of study after graduation.

Read more in Dutch

Talent Grant

HKU offers Talent grants for non-EEA students who are not covered by the WSF 2000 nationality criteria and have not obtained a prior Dutch degree. Read more about the Profileringsfonds.

Funding for HKU Utrechts Conservatorium students

The National Music Fund (NMF) supports musician’s personal development and the maximal expression of their musicality. Qualifying students can receive funding for a new instrument. Read more about the National Music Fund.

HKU also has two funds which offer financial support to HKU Utrechts Conservatorium students. Read more about the Richard Holfonds and the Georgine van den Boogert Foundation.

Dutch student financing

Fulltime bachelor and most master students could be eligible for student financing if they have the nationality of one of the countries of the European Union or the European Economic Area.

Read more

Orange Knowledge Programme

In exceptional cases you might be eligible for this scholarship programme, please see:

The Holland Scholarship

The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and HKU University of the Arts Utrecht.

The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA).

Read more