HKU Studentportal
HKU Studentportal
  • Volg ons op twitter
  • Volg ons op facebook

If you wish to unenrol temporarily due to unforeseeable circumstances, please contact a student counsellor.

Unforeseeable circumstances

If you can't study properly due to unforeseeable circumstances such as illness, pregnancy or family circumstances and wish to unenrol temporarily, you can send a request for termination of enrolment in Studielink.


In most situations reimbursement of tuition fees is possible.

Read more about reimbursement

Contact student counsellor

It is very important to contact a student counsellor when you are going to unenrol. The student counsellor can inform you about re-enrolment after your study break and other regulations concerning a temporarily study break.

The student counsellors can be reached through the Service Desk Student Affairs: or telephone +31 (0)30 2349440.

Important note

If you end your study and plan to leave The Netherlands, please remember to de-register from the BasisRegistratie Persoonsgegevens (BRP) at the city hall of the city where you live. If applicable, you should also return your residence card for study to the nearest IND front desk.