To apply for an international exchange to HKU University of the Arts Utrecht you follow an online procedure. This procedure is outlined for you on this page.
How to apply
Your application comprises four steps.
1. Nomination via e-mail
You must be nominated by the exchange coordinator
of your home institution via email before you can start
the online application tool.
2. Online exchange application
Go to Osiris International Office Application and create an account.
Complete and submit your application. After submitting your application you must confirm your account. You will be notified of this via an automatically generated e-mail.
we receive your application it will be checked for completeness. You
will be notified via a system e-mail if there is anything missing.
You can start your online application from:
• 1 March for the first semester or whole academic year
• 15 August for the second semester
• Applicants for HKU Art and Economics, please choose the request
'Exchange students for Art and Economics'.
• Applicants for other HKU schools, please choose the request
'Exchange students from partner institutions'.
• HKU does not accept EASY applications for HKU Utrechts Conservatorium.
3. Selection procedure
When your application is complete, it will be forwarded for selection to the HKU school. About six weeks after the application deadline you and your exchange coordinator will be notified by e-mail whether you are accepted or not.
In case you are not accepted you will informed by the exchange coordinator of your home institution.
4. After acceptance
confirmation e-mail contains practical information regarding you exchange
period in Utrecht.
The following documents are required as digital attachments to your application. All documents should be uploaded as pdf-files.
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of recommendation, not applicable to Art and Economics applicants
- Transcript of records with grades and credit information from current school of higher education
- Scanned copy of your passport or European i.d. card
- A passport size photograph (jpg or jpeg, file size: 3x4 cm, min. 200 pixels, max. 50 kb size).
- Portfolio of your work and academic standing / recording, not applicable to Art and Economics applicants
A portfolio should be a collection of your best and most recent work. It is a crucial part of your application. The portfolio helps HKU evaluate your achievements and potential and represents your view of yourself and your work.
The digital portfolio should include fifteen to twenty photos or slides. Fewer pieces might not offer an accurate assessment of your potential.
- Music - upload an audio/visual recording or a YouTube link.
- Theatre - upload a statement with an explanation of your educational goals for your exchange period.
NB the maximum size of your digital portfolio is 200 MB.
application deadline for the first semester (Sept.-Dec.) is April 15th.
The deadline for the second semester (Feb.-June) is October 1st.
Applicants for HKU Utrechts Conservatorium have one deadline for both semesters: May 1st.
Academic year at HKU
At HKU the first semester runs from the first week of September through the
end of January. Except at HKU Fine Art where the first semester continues until the end of December.
The second semester is from first week of February until the end of June.
Conditions for approval
There are situations in which HKU University of the Arts Utrecht the right to not admit exchange students. Read more
Click here to return to the HKU Exchange homepage.