HKU Studentportal
HKU Studentportal
  • Volg ons op twitter
  • Volg ons op facebook


Once you have been accepted to a HKU bachelor or master course, you must complete your enrolment as soon as possible (and no later than August 31). Read more about enrolment new students.

You will also need to arrange your entrance visa and/or residence permit. Read more under Visa.

You should also start looking for housing.

Returning studentsHKU students must re-enrol as a student each year via Studielink. The entire process is outlined for you under yearly re-enrolment.

Your VVR is issued for 1 year. Please note that you must extend it yearly. Read more about Renewal VVR .

Termination of enrolmentIf, for any reason, you decide to terminate your studies, you must do this via Studielink. Please first read the information about unenrolment carefully to ensure that you formulate your request properly.

PLEASE NOTE: When you unenrol, your visa for study is no longer valid!
If you change schools you must apply for a change of purpose of your VVR. Read more about Change of Purpose.

Change of addressIt is your duty to keep the school informed of any change in your personal contact information, which is relevant to your registration. You must update your address information in Studielink and change your address at the City Hall.

E-mail and OSIRISAll HKU students are issued a school e-mail address with a password. Please make sure you check your e-mail regularly.

You will also need this e-mail address and password to log in to OSIRIS, the student- and study information system at the HKU. This system allows you to monitor your own progress and print your results. There is and English manual (pdf) you can download from the OSIRIS page which can help you get started. OSIRIS is in contact with Studielink for your enrolment information.