HKU Studentportal
HKU Studentportal
  • Volg ons op twitter
  • Volg ons op facebook

If you choose to stop your study at HKU you can terminate your enrolment via Studielink.


If you wish to unenrol you must apply for termination of enrolment from your study in Studielink. Once you have logged onto your personal page, select your course and academic year in the menu My study programmes. Then select the button Request for termination of enrolment. Select a reason for unenrolment (graduation or termination of enrolment) and the preferred end date.

End date

As end date you can select the first day of the next month. Please note that you cannot unenrol retroactively.


If you terminate your enrolment during the academic year, you might be entitled to a partial restitution of your tuition fees. Read more about reimbursement.


For information regarding the validity of your VVR-card, please visit this page.

Student insurance

As soon as you have unenrolled, you are formally no longer a student. This means that any student insurance policies you may have taken out (such as health insurance) must be converted into normal insurance policies. And don't forget your student bank account!

Dutch studiefinanciering

When your have terminated your enrolment, you must discontinue your studiefinanciering yourself via mijn DUO. Your entitlement to studiefinanciering and student travel card ends on the day that your enrolment is terminated.

Declaration of Unenrolment

Once your termination of enrolment has been processed you will receive a Declaration of Unenrolment at your home address. You may need this declaration if you apply for social security benefits.

Official regulations

For further details regarding termination of enrolment, please consult the official HKU enrolment regulations.

BRP Registration

When you end your study and you plan to leave The Netherlands, please remember to cancel your registration in the BRP (Basis Registratie Persoonsgegevens) at the city hall of the city where you live. If applicable, you should also return your residence card for study to the nearest IND front desk.