HKU Studentportal
HKU Studentportal
  • Volg ons op twitter
  • Volg ons op facebook

HKU strives to offer students and staff a safe environment in which we treat each other with reaspect.

What to do?

If, however, any type of unwelcome behaviour does occur, the executive board will make sure that this is not without consequences. In the event of unwelcome behaviour you can take the following steps.

1 - respond clearly to the other person, making clear your refusal. Make it clear that you are not interested.

2 - notify a HKU confidentail counsellor of the situation. You can consult with her about what possible steps can be taken.

3 - consider if you wish to file a complaint to HKU’s complaints committee.

Confidential counsellor

The role of confidential counsellors at HKU is to represent the interests of victims of harassment. They have an independent position and are required to maintain confidentiality. You can tell a confidential counsellor your story, register the unwelcome behaviour and discuss the next step. It is your decision whether action is taken or not. The confidential counsellor can help you submit an official complaint.

HKU has three confidential counsellors. You can decide yourself which counsellors you would like to contact.

Complaints Committee

You can submit an official complaint to HKU Complaints Committee on Sexual harassment, Aggression and Violence. The committee will start an investigation, in which both parties are heard. The committee will then issues an advice to the Central Board. The Central Board will decide on sanctions or measures based on this advice. Complaints are dealt with confidentially.

HKU University of the Arts Utrecht
Complaints Committee on Sexual harassment, Aggression and Violence
attn. Cécile de Vos, Committee Secretary 
Postbus 1520
3500 BM Utrecht


Sexual Harassment

The term sexual harassment is defined by HKU as an unwelcome sexual approach, requests for sexual favours and other verbal, non-verbal or physical sexual behaviour that is perceived to be unwelcome.

Aggression and Violence

The terms aggression and violence are defined by HKU as situations in which a student or staff member are subjected to psychological or physical harassment or feel threatened or attacked in circumstances linked directly to their studies or work.

HKU Confidential Counsellors

Elsje Dicke

Locations IBBlaan, Lange Vie and Janskerkhof

phone 030-2091909

Félice van Leeuwen

Location Oudenoord

phone 030-2091209

Mieke Döbken

Locations IBB laan and Mariaplaats

phone 06-29377156